Epic Story of Meenakshi Amman Temple
Epic Story of Meenakshi Amman Temple Check More Information About Meenakshi Amman Temple and Structuring And Architecture Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Epic Story of Meenakshi Amman Temple Meenakshi avatar is the Goddess avatar of Parvati of Hindu Mythology. She resides in the temple with her consort Shiva. Meenakshi Amman stand amongst the few deities of Hindu females to have a temple completely dedicated to her. This is unlike the other Hindu temples which majorly stand for the male deities in south India.
- Considering the Hindu Mythological Legends – in the prayers offered to the Goddess Parvati by the Second Pandya King Malayadwaia Pandya along with his wife Kanchanamalai, the goddess appeared out of holy fire of which the prayers of (Sacrifice for Childhood) Putra Kameshti Yagna was performed.
- Epic Story of Meenakshi Amman Temple Few other legends mentioned that goddess notices Kanchanamalai in her previous birth, that she could take up the concession of mothering the goddess. The baby girl was then born with three breasts, and a voice from heaven spoke out telling the king not to worry and the baby girl would vanish once she gets married. king was happy and named ‘Tadaatagai’. To charm the throne the princes was trained in all the 64 sastrasa in the field of science.
- In the wage war of Tadaatagai’s, the Princess was not able to fight it as she came across Shiva and felt shy. Then immediately her third breast vanished. Then she incarnates herself as Parvati as she realized. Later birth returning to Madurai arranged the ceremony of marriage.
- Epic Story of Meenakshi Amman Temple Later Shiva known as Sundareswarar and Meenakshi Amman ruled Madurai. The ceremony was attended by Vishnu the brother of Meenakshi. Following this marriage tradition even till date in the evening, the ritual continues as a pageant followed by drummers and a brass ensemble carrier of their images. This ceremony of marriage is celebrated in Madurai known as Chithirai Thiruvizha.