Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple Timings – Kanaka Durga temple is located in Vijayawada. This temple is dedicated to goddess Durga. This temple is located on indrakeeladri hill on the banks of the Krishna river. The temple region is once a rocky region with hills that obstruct the flow of the river. One of the mythologies that are associated with the place is that Arjuna prayed lord shiva on indrakeela hills for his blessings to derive the name of the city as Vijayawada as the victory of kanakadurga over the demon king mahishsura. As per the wish of a sage goddess Durga made indrakila as her permanent abode and slew the demon king mahishasura and freed people of Vijayawada from evil. There is a shrine of malleswara swamy on indrakeelardi near to kanakadurga temple. There are many shrines you come through while climbing the steps the prominent temples among them are malleswara and Krishna and kanaka Durga.
Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple is the place where arjuna obtained pusupatha Astra after penance for lord shiva and this temple is constructed by lord shiva to goddess Durga Devi. The diety kanakadurga is a swayambhu avatar which is considered as the powerful pilgrimage place in india.
Festivals Celebrated In Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple:
This temple is dedicated to goddess kanaka Durga so most of the festivals are celebrated regarding Kanaka Durga matha. The list of the festival that is celebrated in kanaka Durga temple is as given below
Dessara: Dessara is the festival that is celebrated in a grand manner. Dessara will be celebrated for 10 days and the 9th day of the celebrations are considered as dessara. The goddess Lakshmi Devi is decorated in the following ways.
- Sri Swarna Kavachalakrutha Durga Devi
- Sri Bala Tripura Sundari Devi
- Sri Annapurna Devi
- Sri Gayatri Devi
- Sri Lalitha Tripura Sundari Devi
- Sri Saraswathi Devi
- Sri Mahalakshmi Devi
- Sri Durga Devi
- Sri Mahishasura Mardini Devi
- Sri raja Rajeshwari Devi
Shakambari Devi festival at Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple: The shakambari devi festival is celebrated in sri durga malleswara swamy varla devasthanam from July 14 to July 16. This is a festival that is celebrated for 3 days in the month of ashadam in Telugu calendar, this festival will be celebrated from ashada shukla paksha trayodashi to purnima. This is a festival that is celebrated to offer pooja for godess kanaka durga matha for abundant rains, good harvest, vegetables and fruits. So that the goddess is decorated with fruits, vegetables in the form of shakambari devi, the temple is also decorated with vegetables, fruits. There will be 14 priests to offer traditional rituals for vigneshwara puja, punyavqachanam, akhanda deeparadhana, ankurarpanam, vastu homam, kalasa sthapana. The temple will be closed on July 16th after offering pancha harathulu in the view of the lunar eclipse.
Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple Timings:
The temple will be opened by 3:00 a.m and will be closed by 9:00 p.m.
- By 2:30 a.m the temple day starts with by collecting water from Krishna river for the usage to the temple
- Suprabatha Seva is offered to goddess Durga Devi from 3:00-3:30 a.m
- From 3:30-4:00 a.m prathakala darshan will be performed
- At 4:00 a.m navidyam as curd rice is offered to kanaka Durga Devi
- Eka Harathi and Antaralaya Lalitha Sahasra Parayam will be offered by 4:00 a.m in the temple to goddess Durga Devi
- Kadgamala pooja is offered from 4:00-5:00 which has an entrance ticket which costs 5116 for couple
- From 5:00 a.m-12:00 p.m all the devotees are allowed to antaralaya darshan
- Lakshmi kumkumarchana, Sri chakra navavarnacharana, Shanti Kalyanam, Chandi Homam will be offered to Durga Devi from 9:00 a.m-12:00 p.m
- From 12:00p.m-12:15 maha naivedyam is offered for Durga matha.
- Antaralaya darshanam is opened from 12:15-9:00 p.m
- From 4:45-5:45 p.m Swarna pushparchana will be dedicated to kanaka Durga Mata
- 5:00-5:45 p.m pratyeka darshan will be made available
- Pancha harathi is made available by 6:00 p.m
- From 6:30-9:00 p.m the pratyeka darshanam is offered.
What Are The Temples That Are Nearby Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple:
The following are the list of temples that are near to the kanaka Durga temple.
Sri Krishna prathna mandir
Shri gayatri ammavari temple
Sri mallikarjuna swami vari temple
Sri kanyaka parameswari temple
Accommodation Near Kanaka Durga Temple:
The following are the list of hotels and resorts that are near to the kanaka durga temple
Hotel swarna palace
Olive tree hotel
Hotel green valley
Address And Contact Details Of Kanaka Durga Temple:
Durga agraharam, Vijaywada